Loads of fresh links to get you through Thursday, which is nearly Friday, which is nearly the weekend. Hurrah!
- Colin Holter @ The New Music Box asks, “Why would a quartet learn and present my piece when they could be learning and presenting the Grosse Fuge?”
- Over at Dial M, Phil Ford brings to our attention the utter delight of Delinquent, Hipster, Square (video), the permalink for which contains the even more promising delinquent-hips.
- Miss Mussel’s irony radar is usually pretty keen but Uncle Norman has her completely stumped. Is he kidding or is this for reals?
- Last week Miss Mussel linked to the sale of “The World’s Best Music Collection” on eBay. The winning bid of $3 million turned out to be a fraud. Somehow, Miss Mussel finds this news to be very sad.
- Maxim magazine gets caught out for reviewing a record without listening to it Will the reviewer change his mind after hearing the album or was he right all along?
- Ages ago, we wrote on Kire Te Kanawa’s lawsuit caused by mobile underpants. Now she is making waves by trashing those crossover popera types. Here’s a sneak peek: “Have you heard Hayley? She’s not in my world. She has never been in it at all.” Incidentally, Ms Te Kanawa is quickly scaling the ranks in the OM Most Outrageous Opera Singer Competition.
- And finally for a bit of fun, head on over to the Berlin Phil site and play their cello game. So far Miss Mussel has managed 3545. Does this mean she can now put “appeared with the Berlin Phil” on her CV?