- Gustavo Dudamel on 60 Minutes 17th Feb 2008 story | video
- Operachic brings news of Lorin Maazel appearing on the Colbert Report Monday night. Unfortunately, the video link seems to be broken.
- Scott @ Musical Perceptions brings us this delightful video collection of ways you can turn your iPhone into a musical instrument.
- The CBC reports that Montrealers want to name a Métro station after Oscar Peterson. Bless.
- Finally, Tim Mangan describes what the life of a classical critic is really like.
Here’s a quick sample:
“My editor had told me to go home early. “Take a nap,” he said. “You’ve been working too hard, and we need you to be fresh for the big concert tonight.” When I got back to the ranch, a phone call awaited. “It’s Riccardo Muti,” my secretary, not at all bad looking, told me. “He wants a few tips on improving his Bruckner.” I told her to tell him I was out and would get back to him. Blissful sleep awaited.”
Miss Mussel suspected as much. It’s nice to know she’s on the road to the good life. (via oboeinsight)
On this day..
- Bacchanale - 2012
- Saturday Links - 2010
- SALE: Cheap Tickets At The Kitchener Waterloo Symphony - 2009