Celebratory Craft Project
For those that are leaping with joy and wishing to make a paper chain with which to countdown, you’ll need 11 rings. That includes one for today because ripping is just so much fun. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Go to the NYTimes site and find the two reviews that you found the most frustrating.
2) Print them out and with a pair of sharp scissors, cut each page into 6 equal strips.
3) Take one strip and make it into a ring. Use tape, glue, gum, whatever you have to hand.
4) Repeat this process until you have eleven rings. The twelfth strip can be discarded or saved in case the integrity of your chain is compromised prematurely.
5) Tear one off for each day. Gloat and rub hands together gleefully as appropriate.
1) Print out your two favourite reviews and go through the steps as before.
5) Tear off one for each day. Weep/lament/get out sackcloth as appropriate.
Miss Mussel has no strong feelings either way on Holland himself, having only recently started to read reviews of any kind. Instead she is rather more worried about the axing of his post and it’s knock on effects. Sure, there are other ways to be a critic outside of a full time newspaper post but at this point, the view from her rung on the ladder is looking very bleak indeed.
Perhaps it would be prudent get in touch with Sally Struthers, just to be on the safe side.
Image (c) Dorling Kindersley