Press Enter to Search

#Operaplot 2010 Orphans

April 28th, 2010
Last Update: These are the stragglers Welcome to the #Operaplot Orphanage. Please include author, a the first few words of the tweet and the opera to which it belongs. If you are a first time commenter, your comment will have to be approved. It shouldn’t take long, since, you know, Miss Mussel is omniscient and everything. *ahem* If you can, have a look and see what’s been matched already before you make your comment. A Woolly Hat – Drama. Love addiction. Drama. Petty Jealousy. Drama. Self pity. Drama. Stubbornness. Drama. Drama. Drama. Comes to senses. Death. AMM Music – looking at the different angles of a commonly used Greek myth simultaneously; He goes via 17 arches; He dies again and again Busy Needles – Case notes re patient Ms K: can’t form meaningful relationship with mother-in-law; husband has avoidance issues; now suicidal. Fun With Iago – Heroic aristocratic poet falls victim to a bunch of dirty people who don’t believe in love, just “inalienable rights Mere Foix- “With my hand I relieve many miseries.” – “That’s what she said.” – “Here’s my kiss!” Mere Foix – The BF’s away in France! Crazy girl kills hubby, and everyone drops dead in the end Mere Foix- Cougar with daddy issues + loverboy with too much cabaleta = death (on the chaise longue, of course!) Pierce Lumpkin – Best in life: Crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of the women. Rciprotti – Greedtown founded. Whores employed. Lumberjacks enjoy. Hurricane nearly destroys. Free-for-all ensued. Man cannot pay – executed Sam DeWese – My husband is Catholic & it’s weird. Oh wait, I like it. My ex is still alive? Damn. And now I’m in a lion’s den. Awesome Tweetzart – Realising suicide probably isn’t the way to get the ladies, fundamentalist terrorist sets up dating agency and finds true love Zomervos – Rape her. Rape another her. Flirt her. Kill him. Kill another him.Marry her. Flirt another her. Kill him!!!! Kill herself. _______________________ 2010 Winners | 10 Jonas Kaufmann Disc Winners | Side Pot Winners | 2010 Entries (starting at A) 2010 Prize Pool | 2010 Rules & FAQ | Judge: Jonas Kaufmann | 2010 Press Clippings | A Message From Jonas | #Operaplot Art Gallery | #Operaplot 2010 Feedback Form 2009 Winners | 2009 Entries | How To Use Twitter | How To Follow #Operaplot On Twitter

On this day..

139 Comments

• Darn – the comment titles were stripped out! The first is Tosca and the second La Traviata

• Louise Frank MonsterID Icon Louise Frank says:

WMFTweetie – Dr. John sows his wild oats then settles down, but he cannot cure Miss Alma of the doppelganger raging inside her.

That’s SUMMER AND SMOKE, Lee Hoiby’s opera based on the Tennessee Williams play with libretto by Lanford Wilson.

• OK…caught up to here. Orphan identifiers/opera superfans, I would be lost without you.

• Hate to break it to you, Abby, not only is your daddy God, but you’re adopted: Nabucco

Take the universe, but leave Italy (and it’s tough women) to me. Giving her your sword and then marrying her wasn’t too bright!: Attila

I can’t believe you’d leave me, after all I’ve done for you. Right that’s it, I’m stabbing the children then leaving on my dragon: Medea

• Jepaco – You may leave, must stay, may leave, says Pharaoh. Pharoness catches the prince with an Israeli beauty. Moses parts the red sea

That’s Rossini’s Mosè in Egitto (Moses in Egypt), recently performed by Chicago Opera Theater.

• xyzhudson MonsterID Icon xyzhudson says:

XYZ Hudson – I have it all. I want it forever. Bored. O bored. More bored. I’d rather die. Die. (The Makopolous Affair)

• Christianacole MonsterID Icon Christianacole says:

Christianacole pretty gal = la rondine; christianacole hey wifey = il trittico

• LisztNut MonsterID Icon LisztNut says:

LisztNut – “Sue is one smokin’ babe.” This is from Wolf-Ferrari’s opera “The Secret of Susanna”.

• xyzhudson MonsterID Icon xyzhudson says:

XYZ Hudson – I have it all. I want it forever. Bored. O bored. More bored. I’d rather die. Die. (The Makropolous Affair)

• AlejoPlay–Hate to break it to you, Abby,

That one’s mine and it’s Nabucco.

• Harry Fiddler – Like the play and the film but with music. ANGELS IN AMERICA (Eotvos)

XYZ Hudson – I have it all. I want it forever. Bored. O bored. More bored. I’d rather die. Die. THE MAKROPULOS CASE (Janacek)

Mindy Inhofer – Oh goodness me, a party scene. We’ll drink until we’re dizzy. “Blame champagne, but don’t blame me!” Oh goodness, gracious me. DIE FLEDERMAUS (Strauss)

and a big guess
    MPRMike – Zzzz… Oh, look! The funny bird man is back! Oh, there he goes. Zzzzzz.. DIE ZAUBERFLOTE (Mozart)

• bythewatersedgeBy The Water’s Edge MonsterID Icon bythewatersedgeBy The Water’s Edge says:

By The Water’s Edge – A modern-day fairytale of heroes, villains, love, Man U and what it means to lead your country”. No need for a band wagon then.
    DAVID BECKHAM: THE THEATRE OF DREAMS

• MPRMike MonsterID Icon MPRMike says:

The commenter above is correct:

From the audience’s perspective. ;-)

• AMM Music – looking at the different angles of a commonly used Greek myth simultaneously; He goes via 17 arches; He dies again and again –> The Mask of Orpheus/ Birtwistle

• yup, Henri got it right! it was Die Fledermaus.

Actually, not what I was referring to but sounds like it’s not the only offender! I think I’ll just let that one die a little death or I’ll get into trouble…

• AMM_Music MonsterID Icon AMM_Music says:

Correct Kosmaj – it is The Mask of Orpheus.

• zomervos MonsterID Icon zomervos says:

I intend to write Lady Macbeth for my Tweet!

• Fun With Iago – Heroic aristocratic poet falls victim… Andrea Chenier, I believe.

Mere Foix- Cougar with daddy issues + loverboy with too much cabaleta… sounds rather like Traviata, but it’s a bit obscure.

Busy Needles – Case notes re patient Ms K: can’t form meaningful relationship with mother-in-law … Kát’a Kabanová?

• Sam DeWese – “My husband is Catholic & it’s weird. Oh wait, I like it. My ex is still alive? Damn. And now I’m in a lion’s den. Awesome” is Donizetti’s Poliuto! (#operaplotters of the world, there is a live Scala 1960 performance with Callas, Corelli, and Bastianini…)

Mere Foix – “With my hand…” has to be Tosca (focus on “Vissi”)
    I agree with Eric Malson that “Cougar…” is Traviata

For Pierce Lumpkin’s submission my guess would be Attila, based on the prologue text? but there may be other candidates which don’t spring to mind.

• La Willis MonsterID Icon La Willis says:

Mere Foix – Crazy girl kills hubby etc
    Lucia di Lammermoor? And Edgardo did went to France in the first act, right?

• My Parsifal tweet was on here as an orphan, and commented on that it was Parsifal, but now it doesn’t show up anywhere! beth1170

• Rciprotti – Greedtown founded. Whores employed. Lumberjacks enjoy. Hurricane nearly destroys. Free-for-all ensued. Man cannot pay – executed

Could this be “The Rise and Fall of Mahoganny” (Weill)?

t Twitter f Facebook g Google+