Piles of goodies all over Miss Mussel’s desktop this week. Here’s seven ways to while away the last of your Friday:
- The one-word essay question has disappeared from the 12-hour entrance exam required for All Souls College at Oxford. Why? [Expound]
- The Guardian Hay Festival is mounting a search for the world’s most beautiful tweet. Obviously the winner will be one of the #operaplot entries. Get submitting tweeps!
- Is the NY Phil’s Le Grand Macabre really the gamble everyone says it is? Turns out it’s no risk at all. Miss Mussel is resisting the urge to crow.
- These guys have just signed with Warner Music….the same people who signed pianist James Rhodes. Does that make them both eligible for a kick in the pants from a grumpy sexagenarian?
- Hi to the larious: ‘Critic Injured During Rachmaninoff Performance’ by Tim Mangan
- One doesn’t have to be a psycholinguist to obsess over pronouns but it helps.
- And finally, top the afternoon off with a little light revisionism. Finding Jesus in the New Yorker….or is it the Gospels…wait….Miss Mussel can never tell those two apart.