Miss Mussel’s feedreader as been getting an especially heavy workout these last few weeks as the number of feeds it corals on a daily basis continues to swell. Here’s what’s been recently added to the fold.
Lesson For The Day: There is no paragraph that can’t be improved by animal husbandry metaphors.
All links direct to the respective blog’s RSS feed for easing adding. If you just want to visit the blog, give it a Google.
- A Don’s Life by Mary Beard – this isn’t a new blog by any means but it is a delight. Mary Beard is a classics professor at Cambridge and her posts are a lively representation of what academia is like for someone at the top of their game.
- By the man behind the ever-lovely Classical Convert, Get Into Classical is a great resource for people who are just dipping their toes into the vast sea we call art music.
- It turns out that David Finckel of Emerson Quartet fame keeps a blog and answers questions in short videos made all over the world. Including airplane bathrooms.
- Information Is Beautiful is all about infographics. This feed is dangerous in that late-night Discovery channel is. After a certain hour the life cycles of the housefly suddenly becomes absolutely riveting. The next thing you know it’s 4am and you have to get up in three hours for work.
- Seated Ovation is the newest addition to the OM RSS feed, so all she knows is that Mr Ovation is a friend of Deceptively Simple, which is recommendation enough for this bivalve.
- Those looking to enhance their record collections with high quality tracks ripped from out-of-print LPs will find The High Pony Tail to be a treasure trove of endless rwards. The files are offered in FLAC format, which is cumbersome for iTunes people but since it is unwise for beggars to be choosers, the extra effort is worth it.
- If you’re not so much into the Twitter but still want to keep up on what’s happening with #Operaplot, you can follow the feed in RSS form.
Although underused at the moment, there are even forums for new people to ask questions and talk with other newbs.